Dear Higher Ground at Lake Louise Family,
We are working diligently to prepare for an amazing summer season of camp; however, we continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation carefully. Here in northern Michigan, we are all very eager to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather, as well as have time away with friends and with God. For over 85 years, Higher Ground at Lake Louise has provided a setting of safe fun in a Christ-centered environment for campers of all ages. Please know that we are intentionally planning for another safe and enjoyable camp season for all. Hope we see you soon!
In the situation where we do not feel we can provide an environment that is safe and enjoyable for campers, you will be notified. If canceling camp this season were to become necessary, all fees would be refunded or credited to your account.
Health and Safety
In anticipation of summer camp, we are developing the following practices to keep our campers and staff safe.
- Carefully monitoring federal, state, and local information related to Covid-19
- Providing ongoing training for staff on safe and effective cleaning practices
- Posting information onsite regarding recommended handwashing procedures
- Increased frequency of cleaning high-touch areas
- Use of CDC recommended cleaning products throughout our campus
Our Decision-Making Process
Higher Ground at Lake Louise continues to closely monitor local, state, and national statements regarding the coronavirus cases and follow the directives of these agencies. The health and safety of our staff and those we serve is our highest priority. To do all we can to ensure that, we will be following:
- Federal, State, and MDHHS mandates
- CDC, State, and local health department recommendations
- Proper mitigation process that can realistically be implemented
If there comes a point that we do not feel like we are able to provide you with a safe and meaningful experience, we will notify you of any changes on this page.